JCI Accreditation Mock Survey for Optilase Carrickmines Clinic
“Optilase Carrickmines Clinic commissioned HCI to conduct a Mock JCI Accreditation Survey against the JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care. HCI’s mock survey was very comprehensive. It was a great way to educate the leadership team on the survey process and helped us to identify where our gaps were in line with the JCI Accreditation Standards. Following the report, HCI came onsite to review the findings with us. It was useful to have external specialists to discuss different ways to implement the findings in a practical way. It has been a very valuable project and gave us confidence as we progressed on our JCI Accreditation journey. We are delighted to now have achieved JCI Accreditation in line with the JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care, 4th edition.”
Quality and Patient Safety Lead, Optilase
Optilase Carrickmines Clinic is one of Ireland’s leading eye clinics and is renowed for providing refractive eye surgery including laser vision correction and intraocular lens surgery. As Optilase Carrickmines Clinic were preparing to seek Accreditation from the Joint Commission International, they requested HCI to conduct a mock survey of the clinic against the JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care, 4th Edition. The JCI Accreditation Standards represent the gold standard in the global healthcare community.
Optilase Carrickmines Clinic also commissioned HCI to deliver two onsite JCI support days to provide general JCI support and to review the findings from the mock survey.
- Complete a 2 day mock JCI accreditation survey for Optilase Carrickmines Clinic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the current Quality and Safety Management System.
- Provide a report identifying areas of good practice and a listing of areas of non-compliance in relation to the JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care, 4th Edition.
- Deliver 2 days of JCI onsite support to review the mock survey findings and provide general JCI support.
In order to ensure a comprehensive Mock JCI Accreditation Survey was conducted for Optilase Carrickmines Clinic, HCI provided the following service:
Development of Mock Survey Project Plan.
Offsite Document Review prior to conducting onsite review.
System and patient tracers.
Staff Interviews with the Management Team, department leaders and frontline staff.
Post onsite Document Review.
Development of Draft Mock Survey Report.
Client Review of Draft Report.
Feedback is provided to HCI.
Mock Survey Report is finalised and presented to the client.
Onsite JCI Support and Education Days.
- Optilase had a well-developed Quality and Safety Management System aligned to the JCI Standards, however as they previously hadn’t sought JCI Accreditation they were unsure how to implement some of the standards in a practical way that would be compliant with the JCI Standards.
HCI presented Optilase Carrickmines Clinic with a detailed Mock JCI Survey Report that identified areas of good practice and opportunities for improvement in line with the JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care, 4th Edition. Compliance levels allocated during the review were reflective of the JCI compliance rating.
HCI also delivered two onsite support days to the staff at Optilase to provide general JCI education and support and to review the findings of the mock survey.
Optilase successfully achieved JCI Accreditation in line with JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care, 4th Edition.
- Comprehensive and independent review of processes.
- A detailed report on the current strengths and weaknesses against JCI Accreditation Standards for Ambulatory Care.
- Mock survey is conducted in the same format as a JCI Survey. This helps staff to become familiar with the survey process.
- Generate awareness among the Management Team on the JCI Accreditation Standards.
- Risk areas are identified.
- The Report allows for areas requiring improvement to be identified and the necessary QIPs put in place, prior to a JCI survey.
- HCI has extensive knowledge of the JCI Accreditation Standards and can expertly interpret your compliance rating with the standards.
- HCI’s extensive regulatory, quality and patient safety knowledge is transferred to staff during the project.