How The Rotunda Hospital use QualSIP to Manage Oversight of Documents
“At the Rotunda Hospital, we use QualSIPTM to maintain centralised oversight of the documents held within the Quality Management Information System. QualSIPTM is easy to use and allows us to quicky identify key intelligence in relation to our documents such as acknowledgement workloads and the number of documents to be reviewed. It offers us meaningful data that supports us in improving the management of our documents. I am very impressed with QualSIPTM and would highly recommend it to other healthcare organisations.”
Secretary / General Manager, The Rotunda Hospital
The Rotunda Hospital is Ireland’s leading voluntary provider of maternity, neonatal, and gynaecology care. It is a single site and the oldest maternity hospital in Europe. A number of years ago, The Rotunda implemented the Q-Pulse, Quality Management Information System (QMIS) Document module and the People and Training module.
In order to ensure there is appropriate oversight of the documents held within Q-Pulse, the Rotunda Hospital requested HCI implement QualSIPTM, a Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal which allows for real time data from the QMIS to be gathered, extracted and analysed and presented in dynamic graphs and dashboards.
- Develop an online portal which provides real time quality and safety data analysis for policies and procedures.
- Develop a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to display in the QualSIP dashboards that will support the Rotunda in making informed decisions, manage risks and improve care.
- Support the oversight of the QSMS.
In order to meet The Rotunda’s objectives, HCI developed QualSIP. The key stages of the development and implementation process were:
Development of project plan.
Determine KPI Framework.
Prepare mock up of QualSIP and implementation report.
Client provides feedback on QualSIP mock up.
QualSIP is configured.
QualSIP goes live on the clients HCI Knowledge Portal.
Training is provided on the use and functionality of QualSIP.
Features of QualSIP:
- Web-based interface, easily accessible via an icon in the HCI Knowledge Portal.
- QualSIP is permission based, so access can be limited to Senior Managers and Quality Department.
- Graphs are dynamic which means you can drill into the individual components for further details.
- Data is real time.
- The KPIs and dashboards are customised to the types of data you want to extract.
- Data can be exported and printed as required.
Example of data available in QualSIP:
- Number of documents due for review in the next 30 days / 30 – 90 days / over 90 days and number of overdue documents.
- Number of documents due for review per month.
- Number of documents in draft.
- Number of documents sent for approval within 30 days / 30-90 days and over 90 days.
- Number of activated documents per month.
- Number of documents acknowledged.
- Number of documents with outstanding acknowledgements.
The Rotunda Hospital successfully implemented QualSIP. Real time data for documents is displayed in dynamic graphs and dashboards and provides The Rotunda with centralised oversight of their Q-Pulse document module.
QualSIP allows Senior Managers and the Quality Team to filter the data by departments and teams to identify potential areas for improvement. Data in the charts can be clicked on to drill down for further details such as the list of documents, titles, active dates, owners and revision numbers.
- Access to real time data showing annual, quarterly and monthly trends or a specific time period.
- The ability to view acknowledgement and review workloads by department can alert you to potential risk areas or areas for improvement.
- QualSIP has the ability to drill down and view the individual data components of documents without having to log into Q-Pulse.
- Provides oversight of what is happening within your organisation in terms of document control.
- Dashboards and graphs are full customisable.
- Reduces the time staff spend collating monthly reports.