Job Opportunity: Quality & Safety Specialist
HCI is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
Reporting to a Senior Quality and Safety Specialist the Quality and Safety Specialists role shall include, development, implementation and support of practical quality and safety management systems within healthcare organisations such as Hospitals, Disability Services, Nursing Homes, Home Care, Medical Transport and Primary Care.
Responsibilities of the Quality & Safety Specialist shall include (but not limited to)
Support the development of the client Quality & Safety Management Systems, including:
- Develop all aspects of Quality & Safety Management Systems to fulfil healthcare regulation and accreditation. This includes all quality development as well as clinical and non-clinical risk management.
- Support the development of quality improvement initiatives to improve the effectiveness of care and service delivery
- Implementation of risk management systems such as incident identification and complaints processes.
- Enhance systems for ongoing patient/client/resident involvement, e.g. focus groups
- Assist and support Incident Investigations
- Develop the use of performance measurement systems in healthcare, e.g. Clinical Audit
- Develop clients understanding and fulfilment of regulations including:
- Joint Commission International (JCI)
- National and International Best Practice
- Educate re process control and the use of Policies & Procedures Framework, including
- Understand the needs and requirements of client regulations
- Develop policies and procedures based on evidence based best practice
- Work with care staff implementing policies and procedures
- Process mapping key care and non-care processes
- Provide training and education programmes relating to:
- Quality & Safety Management Systems
- Public & Patient Involvement
- Incident Management
- Risk Management
- Utilisation of the Q-Pulse software system:
- Management of HCI projects through Q-Pulse
- Configuration of client specific systems
- Review and monitoring of information
- Providing client liaison and support with regards to Q-Pulse
- Development of Client Relationships:
- Develop strong ongoing relationships with current clients
- Ongoing client communication
- Ensure on-going evaluation of client satisfaction
- Developing and administer structured feedback from clients
- Sharing expertise with clients
- Using feedback from observations and participants, and ideas from research, training courses and colleagues to develop performance.
The Quality & Safety Specialist is responsible for supporting the HCI Quality Management System (QMS) as follows:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided by HCI.
- Providing input to all required measurement and analysis activities, including Quality and Management Reviews.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated non-conformances in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure. The Quality & Safety Specialist is responsible for recognising when a service provided by HCI has not met the requirements of the HCI procedure and document it as a non-conformance.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Maintaining personal training records as required within the HCI QMS.
- Ensuring that all relevant regulatory requirements related to the service being provided by HCI, are considered and incorporated during provision of that service.
Qualifications and Experience
- A masters qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge of HIQA Standards (desirable)
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (desirable)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Full clean Driving License and own car
The successful candidate will be required to travel to various areas of the Republic of Ireland in the fulfilment of their duties.
This position is Dublin based. HCI offices are located in Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Depending on Experience
All applicants should forward a CV, by email, to Caroline McAndrew, Director of Corporate Services, HCI, at email@example.com.