Job Opportunity: Quality Information Systems Specialist
HCI is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
HCI’s Quality Information Systems Team develops and maintains a variety of information systems and solutions which collect data, maintain databases, and provide the reporting and analysis facilities to support the needs of HCI’s clients, their patients, service users and residents. Additionally, QIS provides application development services and coordinates the implementation of specific projects to support the management needs of HCI consistent with the mission, values, and objectives of the organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Information Systems (QIS), the Quality Information Systems Specialist role shall include implementing and supporting Quality Management Information Systems in health and social care organisations.
1.0 Core Responsibilities
- Implementation of Quality Management Information Systems, incorporating Q-Pulse, HCI applications and HCI’s Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal, to impact on the ongoing improvement of patient safety and quality of care.
- Support the adoption, utilisation and continuous improvement of Q-Pulse, Quality Management Software, in health and social care organisations.
2.0 Quality and Safety Management Systems
- Support the Quality and Safety Team, and Best Practice Team, with the development of Quality and Safety Management Systems for health and social care services through implementation of Q-Pulse, HCI applications and HCI’s Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal.
- Support the introduction and adoption of Q-Pulse, Quality Management Software, in healthcare organisations
3.0 Project Management
- Implement best practice methodologies in relation to the project management of HCI’s QIS implementation projects.
- Participate in Project Team Meetings held with the client and document outcomes from the meetings.
- Ensure full and comprehensive project documentation are continually maintained.
- Monitor project plan to ensure adherence to same. In the event of a delay in the project plan, make appropriate adjustments to the schedule, in consultation with the QIS Director.
- Utilise MS Teams and Salesforce for all aspect of information collation and planning.
4.0 Process Mapping and System Development
- Participate in the Process Mapping of relevant areas with the senior management team of the client.
- Compile a Process Mapping Report reflecting the client Process Mapping Days.
- Propose methods for customising the client’s Q-Pulse system, HCI applications and HCI’s Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal, to meet their objectives in the Process Mapping Report.
- Compile a Customisation Report reflecting the client processes and structures.
- Develop sample customisation for demonstration to client.
- Implement full Q-Pulse and related systems customisations.
- Liaise with software providers, on technical issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Develop dynamic dashboards and analysis, displaying quarterly quality and organisational intelligence data as determined by the client, utilising HCI’s QualSIP.
5.0 Client Education and Training
- Organise and schedule training days, providing advice to the client regarding the relevant and appropriate composition of the training days.
- Prepare training and education manuals/videos for on-site training with client.
- Provide onsite training to clients in classroom and one on one formats.
- Evaluate all aspects of training and implement continuous improvement.
- Host education webinars.
- Participate in the development and execution of User Forums.
6.0 HCI Quality Management System
Support the HCI Quality Management System (QMS) as follows:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided by HCI.
- Drive the HCI QMS processes and providing input to all required measurement and analysis activities, including Quality and Management Reviews.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated non-conformances in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure. The QIS Specialist role is responsible for recognising when a service provided by HCI has not met the requirements of the HCI procedure and document it as a non-conformance.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Maintaining personal training records as required within the HCI QMS.
- Prepare monthly quality and safety activity and monitoring reports as determined by the client’s support contract. Reports shall be prepared in collaboration with other members of the Quality and Safety Support Team for final review by the QIS Director.
To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the QIS Director.
7.0 Qualifications and Experience
- Information Systems implementation experience
- Degree in Information Management, Technology, or Healthcare related
- Full Clean Driving License
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Demonstrate highly developed communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with a high standard of verbal and written communications.
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Ability to manage time and organise workload
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and technical skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive approach to planning
8.0 Location and Travel
The position will be based in Headford, Co. Galway. On a regular basis, you will be required to travel overnight to various areas in Ireland for the fulfilment of your duties.
Depending on Experience.
All applicants should forward a CV by email, to email@example.com.