Job Opportunity: Business Development Specialist
Health Care Informed (HCI) is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
This role is ideally suited to someone who is self-motivated, is looking for a new challenge and would enjoy becoming part of an enthusiastic and expanding organisation.
Objectives and Functions
The key objective of the position is to grow HCI market share in Ireland and the UK.
The key functions of the role are to:
- Identify business growth opportunities
- Develop and secure contracts
- Manage existing client relationships
- Attract and Secure new clients in accordance with targets agreed with the CEO.
- Secure new business from existing clients in accordance with targets agreed with CEO
Responsibilities of the Business Development Specialist:
- Increase HCI market share in Ireland by actively marketing HCI services.
- Identify and follow up potential clients in acute care, aged care, home care, disability services, laboratories, mental health and other applicable healthcare markets
- Identify other market segments
- Build a database of key persons in the relevant healthcare sectors
- Secure new contracts
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and awareness of key developments and changes in the target markets
- Identify new opportunities for publicity, promotion and market development
- Develop and implement a detailed sales plan
- Maintain full and up-to-date records of prospects, sales and customers
- Set up HCI stand, and attend exhibitions, conferences and relevant healthcare events representing HCI in a Business Development capacity.
- Conduct sales presentations, sales calls, manage contract negotiations, and oversee the execution of sales contracts
- Build & manage relationships with partners
- Ensure excellent customer service
- Liaise and work closely with the CEO, senior management and other personnel in developing the business
- Provide regular reports on all sales activity
- Develop all quotes, project proposals and service agreements in line with agreed requirements
- Complete all applicable tender proposals
- Record all hours spent on Business Development activities
HCI Quality Management System
- Ensure continued development and implementation of the HCI Quality Management System, and its compliance with applicable regulatory standards, within areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of quality and safety management systems in a healthcare context
- Business development experience in the health, aged care or disability services sectors
- Experience of working in a professional services company
- Degree level in a Selling and Sales Management or Quality Management
- Excellent business development track record
- Good analytical and report-writing skills
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Full Clean Driving License
- The Business Development Specialist shall be located in Headford, Co Galway
- The position involves extensive travel in Ireland and UK
- Base salary plus commission
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org