HSE publishes its Winter Plan for 2021/22
The HSE has published its Winter Plan for 2021/22. This plan acknowledges the significant challenges and risks faced by the health sector due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, the plan focuses on delivery a home first approach to healthcare whereby the HSE will enable and facilitate patients to receive care in their own homes and communities.
The Winter Plan aims to do this by providing the following patient pathways:
- GP Liaison Nurses to manage direct referrals from GP’s to ED
- Geriatric Community Support
- enhance and expand Frailty Intervention Therapy Team models
- Community Response Teams (nursing and therapies)
- Community respiratory admission avoidance teams
- expansion of the National Ambulance Service Pathfinder initiative
- COPD outreach teams
The full Winter Plan is available to download on the Department of Health’s website here.