Job Opportunity: Staff Software Engineer
Health Care Informed (HCI) is the largest provider of patient safety and quality improvement support services across healthcare in Ireland. We strongly believe that making it easier to do the right thing via our products and services empower health care professionals to be more successful and increase patient safety across the globe.
Do you want to build a new Product from scratch? Do you want to be a key first hire on the team?
As a Staff Software Engineer at Health Care Informed, you will be part of the technical leadership team responsible for creating a new product from scratch, driving the architecture and making major technology choices with the Engineering team. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be setting the bar for technical excellence on the team.
What the role requires:
- Technical leadership: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop the product and platform. You will be amongst the first new hires on the team so experience with C# and React is a major plus, as you will be responsible for making the right architectural trade offs and choosing the frontend & backend frameworks and architecture. You will be part of driving major technology decisions across the organisation.
- Ownership and Autonomy: Take ownership of features and drive them to successful completion. Work independently and proactively to identify and solve technical challenges and build a technical strategy that has an impact.
- Customer-First Mentality: Advocate for prioritisation of the customer’s needs based on value and challenge things that don’t. You will not only understand the solution, but the problems we’re trying to solve for our customers so that you can deliver impactful work that delivers real value.
- Architecture & Design: Own and collaborate on architectural decisions and design of scalable and maintainable software systems that evolve over time. We appreciate someone who knows how to balance “keeping it simple” with “building for scale” in correct amounts.
- Code Quality and Testing: Write clean, and efficient code. Set the bar for testing strategies on the team to ensure the reliability and robustness of the software. Advocate for best practices around automated testing, monitoring and alerting, analytics – Engineering owning software quality from start to finish is a core part of our philosophy.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Mentorship: Share your technical expertise and knowledge with team members, helping them grow and develop their skills.
What would make you a good fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field (or comparable industry experience)
- Total of 3+ years experience as a Senior engineer
- Proficiency in multiple frontend and backend languages and technologies. Experience with C# & React a major plus.
- Experience solving impactful group or organisation level engineering challenges and driving engineering excellence more broadly
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, giving and receiving feedback with good intent
- Strong ownership mentality and a customer-first mindset.
We understand that great engineers can learn things quickly, so if you have some gaps please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Strong experience with Azure/AWS/GCP
- Strong experience working with databases
- Experience designing and scaling APIs
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with message queue frameworks/technologies
- Experience with leveraging analytics, monitoring, observability software to drive decision making
- Experience with .NET Core building scalable APIs and services
- Experience leveraging AI models/LLM’s to solve impactful customer problems
If you are a highly motivated and experienced engineer with a strong ownership mentality, autonomy, and a commitment to putting the customer first, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Health Care Informed. Join us in building products that have a meaningful impact on patient safety across the globe.
Ireland – remote, office or a mixture of both. We’ve offices in Galway and Dublin.
Please send a CV to Vinny Lawlor, Chief Technical Officer, email@example.com and Caroline McAndrew, Director of Corporate Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.